2020 Honda CRF450RX
Specifications subject to change without notice. Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors. Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount. Enduro Champion. Enduro riders are unique—they need the performance every winner wants, but in a unique package. We hear you—and that's why we build the Honda CRF450RX, with all the power, handling and refinement of our dominant CRF450R MX'er, but fine-tuned for enduro use. With features like a bigger fuel tank, a sidestand, an 18-inch rear wheel, and special suspension settings. Plus all the updates we've given our CRF450R, like Honda Selectable Torque Control, a new battery box that relocates the battery by 28mm for a lower center of gravity, new rear brake pads last longer and improve stopping power, and even new graphics.
- Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC): Notice that new button on the handlebar by the clutch perch? New for 2020, the CRF450RX gets our Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC). You can choose from one of three settings to perfectly dial your bike in depending on how much traction is available.
- Electric Start: Kickstarting? Maybe if you're riding in the vintage class, but not here. By ditching the kickstarter entirely, our engineers can make the CRF450RX lighter. Electric starters and lithium-ion batteries are so light now and so good that putting them on a bike like this is a win/win combination. And winning is what a CRF450RX is all about.
- 449cc Unicam Engine: Honda's Unicam cylinder heads combine the best of single- and double-overhead-cam designs. The configuration contributes to a compact engine that saves weight over a comparable dual-overhead-camshaft motor and also permits a narrow included valve angle. This flattens the combustion chamber to facilitate ignition flame propagation, allowing a high compression ratio. Since less space is taken up in the cylinder head, the camshaft sits lower in the head for a more compact engine and a lower center of gravity.
- Dunlop Geomax Tires: The CRF450RX's Dunlop Geomax tires are specially designed for enduro use. The AT81 tires are spec'd at 90/90-21 for the front and 120/90-18 for the rear. You read that right: the CRF450RX rolls on an 18-inch rear wheel.
- Engine Type: 449cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 96.0mm x 62.1mm
- Compression Ratio: 13.5:1
- Valve Train: Unicam four-valve; 38mm intake; 31mm exhaust
- Induction: Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 46mm downdraft throttle body
- Ignition: DC-CDI
- Transmission: Close-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive: #520 Chain; 13T/50T
- Front Suspension: 49mm leading-axle inverted telescopic Showa coil-spring fork with rebound and compression damping adjustability
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link Showa single shock with adjustable spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability
- Front Brake: Single 260mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: Single 240mm disc
- Front Tire: Dunlop Geomax AT81 90/90-21
- Rear Tire: Dunlop Geomax AT81 120/90-18
- Wheelbase: 58.2 inches
- Rake (Caster Angle): 27° 25'
- Trail: 4.6 inches
- Seat Height: 37.8 inches
- Ground Clearance: 12.9 inches
- Fuel Capacity: 2.25 gallons
- Curb Weight: 255 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride.)
- Available Colors: Red
- Model ID: CRF450RX
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke
- 96.0mm x 62.1mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 46mm downdraft throttle body
- Front Suspension
- 49mm leading-axle inverted telescopic Showa coil-spring fork with rebound and compression damping adjustability
- Front Brakes
- Single 260mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Dunlop Geomax AT81 90/90-21
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link Showa single shock with adjustable spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability
- Rear Brakes
- Single 240mm disc
- Rear Tire
- Dunlop Geomax AT81 120/90-18
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 255 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.25 gal.
- 58.2 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 12.9 in.
- Seat Height
- 37.8 in.
- 4.6 in.
- 27 deg. 25 min.
- Close-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive
- #520 Chain; 13T/50T