Inventory Unit Detail
2019 KTM SUPER ADVENTURE R
Call for Price
2019 KTM 1290 Super Adventure R
King Of Adventure: KTM's rally experts have brought out the big guns for hardcore adventurers. They've packed 1301 cc into the world's most advanced travel enduro chassis. Ready to rumble on any terrain, this mile-munching weapon is the ultimate offroad travel enduro for exploring the trail less traveled - the tougher, the better.
- Based on the 1301 cc V-twin of the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R, aka ‘The Beast', the KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R is clearly the Alpha in the herd. Just aim towards your destination, twist the throttle and feel exhilarated by its immense power.
- Torque Everywhere: The 1301 cc V-twin engine packs one hell of a punch for fully loaded adventure tours. It has truckloads of torque from the bottom up and hardly ever needs hurried downshifts. With 160 hp and 140 Nm of torque on tap, the engine provides more than enough usuable grunt to happily eat up kilometers of dirt trails in the blink of an eye. A unique mix of the highest quality components combined with a fully developed and reliable engine allows extremely long service intervals of 15,000 km. That's a lot of adventures.
- A spread transmission on the primary wheel transfers the power to the clutch basket without any backlash, which eliminates vibration and reduces engine noise. On the intake sides there is a newly developed resonator chamber, designed to polish the torque output in the lower to mid-range rpms. This substantially increases the smoothness of the KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R power train.
- Not only does the slipper clutch open when the engine back-torque becomes too high, it also assists when you open up the throttle. The former prevents destabilizing rear wheel chatter when braking sharply or decelerating; the latter reduces the lever force required for changing gears, allowing the clutch to be controlled with one trigger happy finger - saving you energy while riding.
- A key element in the smooth power delivery of the 75° V-twin is each cylinder's state-of-the-art 4-valve cylinder head. These combine twin plug ignition, flow-optimized ports and a slick low-friction valve drive train with cams from each cylinder's twin overhead camshafts driving DLC-coated cam followers.
- Float across rough terrain on 220 mm of fully adjustable WP suspension with a 21-inch wire-spoked wheel at the front, and an 18-inch at the rear. Navigate with confidence, knowing KTM's signature tubular trellis frame, steel crash bars and a high-strength, die-cast, open-lattice swingarm are built for the extreme.
- Steel Trellis Frame: The chrome-molybdenum steel trellis frame is at the center of the bike's excellent robust chassis. Laser-cut and robot welded with a superb surface finish, it weighs a mere 9.8 kg, keeping the total unfueled weight at an impressively low 217 kg. All muscle, no fat.
- The die-cast, open-lattice swingarm is not only particularly light, it's also precisely manufactured. The design optimizes stiffness and stability, while still offering excellent flex characteristics.
- Built To Perform: Serious offroad exploration demands hardcore equipment, so we fit the KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R in-house with our patented, tubeless, wire-spoked wheels. 21 inches up front and 18 inches in the rear, they combine all the benefits of a tubeless tire (easy fitment and weight saving due to the lack of an inner tube) with the stability and robustness of a wire-spoked wheel. This set-up makes the SUPER ADVENTURE R's rims substantially more resilient than all the competition's cast and spoked wheels.
- Serious Suspension: A robust 48 mm inverted fork with extra stiff springs is mounted up front, while a PDS shock absorber produces the magic in the rear. All made by WP, all fully adjustable, all happy to take a serious beating. And they'll make you enjoy it too. Suspension travel: 220 mm front and rear.
- Brembo Power: Precise. Powerful. Consistent. Just as you would expect from a set of BREMBO brakes. Up front you'll find twin 320 mm diameter discs, which are radially mounted, plus 4-piston fixed calipers. At the rear, excess speed is taken care of by a generously dimensioned 267 mm diameter disc. And in case of an emergency, BOSCH's two-channel 9M+ ABS is there to save the day.
- With so much power at the back wheel, the front wheel can become very light when the throttle is cracked open, which can lead to unpleasant destabilization on uneven roads. The KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R prevents this with a subtle WP steering damper that's there for when you need it.
- Fueled For Exploration: The KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R is more than just light, powerful and dependable. Thanks to low fuel consumption, a 23-liter fuel tank and 15,000 km service intervals it also hardly ever needs to take a break.
- Adjust the KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R to suit any rider's preference and riding conditions thanks to the bike's many adjustable components.
- Long-Haul Comfort: With two handlebar clamping positions: 10 mm forwards or backwards from stock; plus five reach settings of the hand levers, the rider has more freedom to move, greater control, and uncompromised comfort, which means a more satisfying adventure ride.
- Different modes for the various assistance systems can be selected using a menu switch on the left side of the handlebar. It's very simple and intuitive: "up" and "down" through the menu selection, select the desired menu item with the left button, confirm it with the right. And you can make it even easier by personalizing your settings screens with two quick-select menus. Job done.
- Adjust Your Ride: Two footpeg positions: stock or 10 mm up and back (diagonally), allow riders to set the comfort level to suit their height and riding preference, which can make a big difference on a long adventure ride.
- Seated Comfort: This is where you'll hopefully spend a lot of time, so the seat has to provide support, adequate feedback and freedom of movement. Thanks to KTM's state-of-the-art 3D foam padding, the KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R has your backside covered for those long days in the saddle. When exploring far it's all about comfort for you and your passenger.
- Attack Mode: The "R" model features a short windshield. So even if your handlebar moves a lot in rough terrain, the windshield won't hit your helmet. Its height can be changed as quickly as you can change your mind, thanks to the easily operated clamping mechanism.
- The heritage of many rally raid victories combines with the latest technology, raw power and great ergonomics within the sleek bodywork of the 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R.
- A convenient compartment keeps your smartphone safe on the road. It keeps it charged too, thanks to its integrated USB socket. The optional incoming call and audio functions link the phone to the bike via Bluetooth. It's always nice to let people know you absolutely have to take that enormous detour.
- Sure, it has a mighty motor, but being in full control is made possible by the smoothly operating software and electronics package. MTC (KTM's lean angle-sensitive traction control system - Motorcycle Traction Control), Cornering ABS and ride modes support your riding - and do it gently, almost imperceptibly.
- Maximum Control: Electronic rider aids provide more control, performance and enjoyment to the rider under a wider range of circumstances. The latest ABS and MTC (MotorcycleTraction Control) technology is designed to enhance your riding experience. Different ride modes are tailored for easy adjustment of the rider aid functions to suit a range of riding conditions. The simple adjustability of these features maximizes the powerful V-twin's innovative technology and equipment across a much wider range of terrain.
- BOSCH's MSC assistance package is the world's first lean-angle sensitive cornering ABS system. It allows ridersto always use the full power of their brakes while the system adjusts brake pressure to match the lean angle of the motorcycle, for safer and more predictable braking across a wider range of conditions and scenarios. If required, not only can it be switched off, but also placed in Offroad mode.
- As its name implies, the TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) monitors tire pressure (visible in the display) and warns the rider instantly of any pressure loss, whether sudden or gradual, whether tire damage or a valve leak.
- The Motorcycle Traction Control (MTC) is a lean-angle sensitive system, which reacts in mere milliseconds the instant the rear wheel spins out of control. As smooth as it is quick, the system closes the throttle valves to regain grip for compelling yet completely controllable forward drive on all surfaces. The standard motorcycle traction control (MTC) offers four different ride modes - ‘Street', ‘Sport', ‘Rain' and ‘Offroad' - selected using the multi-functional switch on the left handlebar grip. Oh, and there's the off-switch for daredevils!
- Tuned In: With the KTM MY RIDE system, a smartphone can be connected to the bike, which gives the rider the option of receiving or making phone calls, listening to music, and, using the optional app for navigation.
- KTM understands its customers like to travel and modify their machines, which is why the KTM PowerParts range boasts a huge variety of accessories, luggage options and even products to aid bike and rider connectivity. KTM PowerParts are designed specifically for each of KTM's Street sportmotorcycles, meaning that KTM riders only get parts that perfectly complement their ride - to provide that important ‘factory fit' straight from the dealer.
- Easy Loading: For the effortless mounting of your cases, we give you versatile luggage carriers as standard. This way there's nothing stopping you from loading up and heading off exploring for days on end.
- Design: 2-cylinder, 4-stroke, V 75°
- Displacement: 1301 cm³
- Bore: 108 mm
- Stroke: 71 mm
- Power in KW: 118 kW
- Starter: Electric starter
- Lubrication: Forced oil lubrication with 3 oil pumps
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Cooling: Liquid cooled
- Clutch: PASC™ slipper clutch, hydraulically actuated
- EMS: Keihin EMS with RBW, twin ignition
- Frame design: Chrome-molybdenum steel tubular space frame, powder-coated
- Front suspension: WP USD Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP-PDS Monoshock
- Front brake disc diameter: 320 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 267 mm
- ABS: Bosch 9ME combined ABS (incl. cornering ABS and offroad mode, disengageable)
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 5/16"
- Steering head angle: 64 °
- Engine Type
- 2-cylinder, 4-stroke, V 75°
- 1301 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 108 mm x 71 mm
- Fuel System
- Keihin EMS with RBW, twin ignition
- Final Drive
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 5/16 in.
- Front Suspension
- WP USD Ø 48 mm
- Rear Suspension
- WP-PDS Monoshock