Inventory Unit Detail
2016 Honda Pioneer 1000
Pioneer 1000 (1)
2016 HONDA PIONEER 1000-3 EPS, This Pioneer has lots of options installed! Roof, windshield, doors and rear curtain completely enclose the seating area for comfort! Also has a winch. Ready for work or play! Sale price includes all discounts and incentives. Plus freight, sales tax and DOC.
2016 Honda® Pioneer 1000 Base
Model Name: Pioneer 1000
Trim Name: Base
Generic Type (Primary): Utility
Engine Type: 999cc liquid-cooled twin-cylinder Unicam® four-stroke
Compression Ratio: 10:1
Induction: Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 44mm throttle body
Ignition: Full-transistorized with electronic advance
Transmission: Fully-Automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) with six forward gears and Reverse. Four drive modes include 2WD, 4WD, Turf and Differential lock.
Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts
Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 10.55 inches travel
Rear Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 10 inches travel
Front braking system: 210mm hydraulic disc
Rear braking system: 210mm hydraulic disc
Front Tire: 27 x 9-12
Rear Tire: 27 x 11-12
Bed Capacity: 1000 pounds
Towing Capacity: 2000 pounds
Note: Recommended for Drivers 16 years of age and older.
Colors: Red, Olive
Model Id: SXS1000M3
Duration: One Year
Description: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda® Protection Plan
transmission: Fully-Automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) with six forward gears and Reverse. Four drive modes include 2WD, 4WD, Turf and Differential lock.
Not Just Bigger: Better.
The outdoors is meant to be explored. The highest hills, the deepest canyons, and the farthest reaches of the forests all lie in wait. And now, we bring you an entirely new vehicle that can get you there.
The all-new Pioneer 1000 is the world’s preeminent side-by-side, both in the Honda lineup, and the industry. Built around a class-leading 999cc twin-cylinder engine, it can haul up to 1000 pounds and can tow a full ton. Meanwhile, the broad front bench provides comfortable seating for three adults.
Look closer, and you’ll find even more difference-making technology. Like the standard-equipment fully-automatic six-speed Dual Clutch Transmission. The driveline that lets you choose 2- or 4-wheel drive. A High/Low dual-range subtransmission that delivers the power and helps access the traction you need. Open or locked front and rear differentials that help prevent you from unnecessarily tearing up delicate fields or surfaces. Hydraulic tilt bed. And fully-independent front and rear suspension.
The 1000-class Engine You’ve Been Waiting For: The Pioneer 1000 features an all-new, purpose-built engine designed just for these vehicles. Displacing a class-leading 999cc, the inline-twin Unicam® design offers the power and performance that set the new Pioneer 1000 apart from anything else in its class.
Fully-Automatic Six-Speed DCT Transmission: Another huge difference compared to the rest of the field, the Pioneer 1000’s Automatic Dual Clutch Transmission features tough, steel gears and shafts, with no belts to burn up or torque converters to steal efficiency. You get real compression braking for better control, and a more connected feel in all conditions.
Chassis And Suspension: Engineered for uncompromising comfort and capability, the Pioneer 1000 features 27-inch tires, 10.5 inches of front suspension travel and 10.0 inches in the rear, and over a foot of ground clearance, so it’s built to take on your biggest adventures.
Accessories: With over 70 accessories available, you can set up the all-new Pioneer 1000 for just about any job. We even have special packages for hunters and fishermen, utility work, and recreational outdoors use.
- Powerful 999cc Twin-Cylinder Engine: A flagship Side-by-Side starts with a flagship engine, and the all-new Pioneer 1000 features one of our best. A class-leading 999cc liquid-cooled inline-twin, it’s the largest in the industry. And it’s also one of the smartest, utilizing Honda’s proprietary Unicam® cylinder-head design, perfected in our high-output motocross bikes. Built specifically for the Pioneer 1000, the engine is specially tuned to produce the horsepower and torque this SxS demands.
- Engine Air Intake: Designed to excel in off-road use, the engine’s air intake is located up high and under the hood to help ensure a clean air supply. The new viscous air-filter element flows air well for increased performance, and also provides a longer service interval.
- High/Low Subtransmission: In some really tricky, rocky terrain, hauling a big load down a steep hill, or need some real hill-climbing ability? This is just the ticket. A full 42-percent gear reduction is available when you shift from High to Low range.
- Advanced Transmission Logic: The Pioneer 1000 is more than tough—it’s Honda Smart. Here are some examples: The Pioneer 1000’s advanced, fully automatic Dual-Clutch Transmission senses how you’re riding, monitoring throttle position and input, engine RPM, vehicle speed and more. Relaxed drivers get smooth shifts and lower engine speed for a smoother, quieter ride. More sporting drivers get quicker shifts and higher engine speeds to maximize engine torque and power. Going downhill? The Pioneer 1000 stays in a lower gear for superior engine braking.
- Turf/2WD/4WD/Diff Lock: Total flexibility here, with one lever. Turf mode is perfect for sensitive surfaces (like grass fields) and provides easier steering. Rougher conditions demand four-wheel drive to maximize available traction. And when the trail becomes even more demanding front and rear differential locks drives direct power to all four wheels.
- Independent Suspension Front and Rear: With over 10 inches of front-wheel travel and 10 inches in the rear, the Pioneer 1000 also offers generous ground clearance. You get a smooth ride, and improved traction in rough conditions.
- 27-Inch Tires: The Pioneer 1000 comes standard with large 27-inch tires on 12-inch steel rims for better ride comfort, improved ground clearance and superior traction.
- Four-Wheel Disc Brakes: With a vehicle as big and capable as the Pioneer 1000, you need brakes that are up to the job too. Honda’s extensive automotive experience means you know the Pioneer 1000’s brake system is up to the task.
- Chassis Refinements: The Pioneer 1000’s chassis may not be the first thing you see, but it’s one of the first things you’ll notice when you’re on the trail. The independent, long-travel suspension, excellent ground clearance and large tires all work in concert to deliver superior ride comfort and superb traction. The rubber-mounted engine and exhaust system insulates you from annoying vibration, so your driving experience is like riding in first class, not economy.
- 2000-Pound Towing Capacity: Able to tow a full ton (2000 pounds), the Pioneer 1000 can take on big jobs that otherwise would have required a tractor or a truck.
- Hauling/Towing Capacity: You can load a full half-ton into the Pioneer 1000’s bed. And when it’s time to unload, the bed’s tilting feature makes dumping firewood, gravel, feed or other items easy. And because it’s able to tow a full ton (2000 pounds), the Pioneer 1000 can take on big jobs that otherwise would have required a tractor or a truck.
- 3-Person Contoured Bench Seat: Designed for three, this seat might even be more comfortable than your sofa at home! With a durable covering, it’s built for all-weather use, and to hold up to the rigors of off-road use. The center seat is positioned up and forward to increase comfort and maximize space for all three passengers.
- Driver/Passenger Protection: The Pioneer 1000 is loaded with features to help provide a feeling of security for the driver and passengers. The Occupant Protection Structure uses sturdy, large-diameter tubing, and includes integrated handholds, recessed top tubes and a more spacious structure to enhance protection; it also meets OSHA’s 1928.53 rollover protective structure standard. Hard doors and roll-up side nets provide a secure feel and keep mud and debris out of the cabin, while automotive-style three-point belts with an Emergency Locking Retractor mechanism help keep everyone secure.
- LCD Display: All our Pioneer 1000 models feature deluxe, multi-function LCD dashboard instrumentation that displays fuel level, engine speed (rpm), vehicle speed, tripmeter, odometer, a clock, gear position and much more.
- Built in the U.S.A.: The Pioneer 1000 is built especially for the American market—totally in tune with your wants and needs and built in Timmonsville, South Carolina using domestically and globally sourced parts.
- Fully-Automatic 6-Speed DCT Transmission: The Pioneer 1000’s Automatic Dual Clutch Transmission features six forward speeds plus reverse and two gearing ranges (high and low). The Pioneer 1000 EPS also adds paddle shifting and three shift modes (standard, sport and manual). It can do all the shifting for you, as smooth and seamless as any automatic, but can also give you total control to shift yourself—it’s the best of all worlds!
- Paddle Shifting: You can let the Pioneer 1000 shift automatically, but if you want to choose a specific gear, upshift or downshift yourself in demanding conditions and even override the automatic gear selection—all without ever moving your hands from the wheel. The Pioneer 1000’s twin paddle-type shifters make it easy and fun. (Available on Pioneer 1000 EPS)
- Electric Power Steering: Electric Power Steering helps eliminate bump steer and lessens steering effort, especially over rocks, logs and on sidehills. Honda’s system is second to none. You get more boost when you need it, when you’re in four-wheel drive, at lower speeds and in rough conditions. (Available on Pioneer 1000 EPS model.)
- Tilt Wheel: One size never fits all—that’s why the new Pioneer 1000 gets a tilt wheel to let you find a position that’s right for you. It also makes getting in and out easier for the driver. (Available on Pioneer 1000 EPS model.)
- Color-Match Door- and Bedside Panels: If you want to change colors on your new Pioneer 1000, it’s no problem. The bed and door panels swap out easily. And in the unlikely event of any body damage, the feature also makes any replacement a snap. (Available on Pioneer 1000 EPS)
- Engine Type: 999cc liquid-cooled twin-cylinder Unicam® four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 92.0 mm x 75.1 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Induction: Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 44 mm throttle body
- Ignition: Full-transistorized with electronic advance
- Transmission: Fully-Automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) with six forward gears and Reverse. Four drive modes include 2WD, 4WD, Turf and Differential lock.
- Transmission: Paddle Shifters with three shift modes (standard, sport, and manual)
- Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 10.55 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 10 in. travel
- Front Brake: 210 mm hydraulic disc
- Rear Brake: 210 mm hydraulic disc
- Front Tires: 27 x 9-12
- Rear Tires: 27 x 11-12
- Bed Capacity: 1000 lb.
- Towing Capacity: 2000 lb.
- Available Colors: Red, Orange, White
- Model Id: SXS1000M3P
- Duration: One Year
- Description: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan
- Engine Type
- Twin-cylinder Unicam® four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke
- 92.0 mm x 75.1 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 44 mm throttle body
- Full-transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone
- Front Brakes
- 210 mm hydraulic disc
- Front Tire
- 27 x 9-12
- Rear Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone
- Rear Brakes
- 210 mm hydraulic disc
- Rear Tire
- 27 x 11-12
- Front Travel
- 10.55 in.
- Rear Travel
- 10 in.
- Box Capacity
- 1000 lb.
- Towing Capacity
- 2000 lb.
- Fully-Automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) with six forward gears and Reverse. Four drive modes include 2WD, 4WD, Turf and Differential lock.
- Drive System
- Direct front and rear driveshafts
- Red, Orange, White
- One Year transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan