Inventory Unit Detail
2016 Honda FourTrax Rancher 4X4 Automatic DCT IRS EPS
Choose the Perfect ATV for the Job or Trail.
Every ATV starts with a dream. And where do you dream of riding? Maybe you’ll use your ATV for hunting or fishing. Maybe it needs to work hard on the farm, ranch or jobsite. Maybe you want to get out and explore someplace where the cellphone doesn’t ring, where the air is cold and clean. Or maybe it’s for chores around your property. Chances are, it’s going to be a little of all of those things—which is why a Honda Rancher makes sense.
The Rancher lineup gives you a huge choice of ATV features, so you can find the exact model that fits your needs. In 2016, our 420cc Rancher lineup offers a robust list of options. And there are even some sharp new color choices this year too. No matter which Rancher you choose, you’ll always get the value, quality and dependability of a Honda.
- Semi-Dry-Sump Engine Design: Compact and lighter-weight, the Rancher’s overhead-valve, semi-dry-sump design creates an engine that's shorter from top to bottom. That returns two big benefits: it enhances handling by lowering the engine's center of gravity, and it also increases ground clearance.
- Programmed Fuel Injection: Being able to count on crisp performance and starting under any conditions is a must for anyone who depends on their ATV. Thanks to Honda's Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)—featuring a 34mm throttle body, 12-hole Denso injector, and an oxygen sensor that allows the fuel mapping to instantaneously adjust to any riding condition—the Rancher not only ensures trouble-free operation in the cold and at varying altitudes, it reduces emissions and enhances fuel economy.
- In-Tank Fuel Pump: We’ve incorporated an in-tank fuel pump for cooler pump operation, and long pump life.
- Swingarm Rear Suspension: On select Rancher models, the rear swingarm incorporates an enclosed, solid-axle design for strength and rigidity. When you need to tow a heavy load, the swingarm eliminates rear suspension squat as the load is placed on the axle itself, not on the rear shock.
- Comfortable Seat: A plush seat and open rider triangle (Bars/Seat/Pegs) teams up with the suspension to really treat you right. Superior ergonomics have always been a Honda priority, and the Rancher is no exception. With thick, soft foam, it’s more comfortable than ever.
- Digital Instruments: Easy to read and full of the information you want, in addition to the standard gear position indicator, speedometer, odometer, trip meter, and hour meter you get readouts for fuel level, clock, water temperature, speed and Honda’s “maintenance minder” system to help remind you when it’s time to have your ATV serviced.
- Reverse Lever: Revised last year, the Rancher’s reverse lever is simple, easier and more intuitive to use.
- Automatic DCT: The Rancher’s Honda Automatic DCT transmission offers strong internals, fast shifts, excellent control, true compression-braking capability in steep terrain, and an automatic program that upshifts and downshifts while you concentrate on riding. It’s one of the best available choices you can make.
- Disc Brakes: The Rancher IRS models offer disc brakes all around for excellent braking performance.
- Independent Rear Suspension: The Rancher Automatic DCT with Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) has over 8 inches of travel and 9 inches of clearance. That returns two big benefits: first, it helps ensure constant tire contact with the ground for superior traction; second, it gives you an ultra-smooth ride over rough terrain, so you don’t get beat up on the trail.
- Engine Type: 420cc liquid-cooled fuel-injected OHV wet-sump longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 86.5 mm x 71.5 mm
- Induction: Keihin® 33mm throttle-body fuel-injection system
- Ignition: Full-transistorized type with electronic advance
- Starter: Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
- Compression Ratio: 9.9:1
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: Automatic DCT with Reverse
- Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 7.28 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Independent dual-arm; 8.46 in. travel
- Front Brake: 190 mm Dual hydraulic disc
- Rear Brake: 170 mm Hydraulic disc
- Front Tire: 24 x 8-12
- Rear Tire: 24 x 10-11
- Length: 84.6 in.
- Width: 47.4 in.
- Height: 46.8 in.
- Wheelbase: 50.9 in.
- Seat Height: 34.9 in.
- Ground Clearance: 9.2 in.
- Curb Weight: 686 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 3.9 gal., including 1.3-gal. reserve
- Turning Radius: 11.5 feet
- Model Id: TRX420FA6
- Emissions: Meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) and EPA off-road emissions standards
- Available Colors: Red, White
- One Year: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan
- Engine Type
- Fuel-injected OHV wet-sump longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore x Stroke
- 86.5 mm x 71.5 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- Keihin® 33 mm throttle-body fuel-injection system
- Starting System
- Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
- Front Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone
- Front Travel
- 7.28 in.
- Front Brake Type
- 190 mm Dual hydraulic disc
- Front Tires
- 24 x 8-12
- Rear Suspension
- Independent dual-arm
- Rear Travel
- 8.46 in.
- Rear Brake Type
- 170 mm Hydraulic disc
- Rear Tires
- 24 x 10-11
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 686 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.9 gal., including 1.3-gal. reserve
- Ground Clearance
- 9.2 in.
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 84.6 in. x 47.4 in. x 46.8 in.
- 50.9 in.
- Drive Train
- Direct front and rear driveshafts
- Automatic DCT with Reverse
- Red, White
- One Year transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan